This summer the RCS Academy brought together 60 participants and 10 Robert College teachers and co-curricular advisors. With 13 different half day courses, RCS Academy was accessed by students remotely from 11 different cities in Turkey.
The RCS Academy aimed to create learning opportunities for participants and offer fun and exciting courses that would be new and different from what the participants were offered during the school year. The half day programs were conducted in English, with a variety of courses in the field of technology, math, humanities, literature and music.
With this year’s online courses, RCS Academy offered highly sought after subjects and our instructors were able to give even younger participants a head-start in different fields.
Name of the courses offered in 2021
- College Counseling: What Do College Admissions Really Want?
- Creative Problem Solving
- Cryptography: The Math of Secret Codes
- Electronic Music
- Finding My Artistic Voice – Towards A College Art Portfolio
- Introduction to Microcontrollers via Arduino
- Intro to Python Programming Language
- Philosophy with Youth – Think & Create!
- RC Wizarding World
- Script Writing 101
Participants who are between the ages 12-16 were able to practice their English as well as expand their interest in different topics in three-two week sessions from where they are in the summer. RCS Academy will continue with new courses in 2022.