This year’s Berker Fellowship students received their plaques and pins on May 23, 2019. The students joining the Fellowship this year are Zeynep Soydan L11, Gökercan Göker L10, Atakan Topaloğlu L10, İrem Özsavaşçı L10, Mukaddes Sedef Kalkavan L10, Ada Akın L9 and Handan Dilara Bıkmaz L9
Established by a gift from Feyyaz Berker RC ENG 46, The Berker Fellowship honors students whose character lives up to the highest ideals of Robert College. Students chosen as Berker Fellows are honored in the school community as models of the personal qualities for which Feyyaz Bey, himself, was known and which are valued as essential to a civilized society.
1. Criteria for selection include, but are not be limited to:
· personal integrity and maturity
· demonstrated high standards of personal behavior
· demonstrated unselfish contributions to the community
· strong sense of social responsibility
· positive spirit
· active involvement in school activities
2. An adult member of the school community serves as advisor/mentor to the Fellowship.
3. There is a Selection Committee that includes representatives of the faculty, counseling staff, administration, school staff, and students already chosen as Fellows.
4. Fellows are chosen from the Lise 10 and Lise 11 classes so that they are known and respected within the school community as examples of the best of Robert College. This is not an award for a graduating senior.
5. Fellows receive a plaque and pin, and are recognized at a special ceremony at a school assembly.
6. A sum of money is drawn from the fund each year. Members of the Fellowship work together to decide upon a use to which this money will be put for the good of the school community or the community at large.
PREVIOUS BERKER FELLOWS ANNOUNCEMENTS
The previous Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Monday, October 9, 2017. The students who received their plaques and pins this year are Özüm Sabiha Pamukçu L11, Ebru Ermiş L11, Arslan Zorbey Kansız L11, Ece Erenler L11, Azra Haseki L10, Berfu Ege Söbe L10 ad Arya Nur Gümüştaş L10.
The 2016 Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Friday, June 3, 2016. The students who received their plaques and pins this year are Yasemin Reis (L10), Hazal Cansu Odabaşı (L10), Irem Özturan (L10), Serdil Tinda Yalçın (L10), Ozan Geyik (L9) and Doğa Ünlü (L9).
The 2015 Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Friday, May 29, 2015. The students who received their plaques and pins this year are Ayşe Ezgi Öner (L10), Ece Naz Erülker (L10), Kaan Ertaş (L10), Tulya Elif Bekişoğlu (L10), Can Yeşildere (L9), Nazlı Köylüoğlu (L9) and Dila Şaşmaz (L9).
The 2014 Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Friday, May 30, 2014. The students who received their plaques and pins were Muhammed Miraç Süzgün (L10), Tayfun Gür (L10), Merve Mehveş Çelebi (L10), Can Demircan (L9) and Ekin Gülen (L9).
The 2013 Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Friday, May 31, 2013. The students who received their plaques and pins were Onur Cengiz (L11), Ali Edip Sarılgan (L10), Atakan Baltacı (L10), Barışcan Göç (L10), Laden Akşam (L10), Yunus Emre Erdölen (L10), Eda Özkök (L9) and Yasemin Kirişçioğlu (L9).
The 2012 Berker Fellowship students were announced at the flag ceremony on Monday, May 21, 2012. The students who received their plaques and pins were Cansu Sarıkaya (L11), Ayşenur Biçen (L11) and Ayça Ersoy (L10).
The members, chosen from the RC student body for the prestigious Berker Fellowship were announced in the flag ceremony held on Monday, May 23, 2011. The names of the six students who received their pins and plaques are: Cemre Necefbaş (L10), Özkan Okan(L10), Kutay Onaylı (L10), Engin Polat (L9), İbrahim Cem Polat (L9) and Mert Zorlular (L9). The students met with Feyyaz Berker and the previous years' fellows on Thursday, May 26, 2011, for dinner and an award ceremony.
The eight students who were announced as Berker Fellows and received their pins and plaques on Friday, May 28, 2010, are: Leyla Levi (L10), Zeynep Kahveci (L10), Türker Bulut (L10), Ufuk Serkan Yıldırım (L10), Ogün Yurdakul (L10), Aslı Salihoğlu (L9),Alican Söylemezoğlu (L9), Berk Çoker (L9).
The second group of Berker Fellowship are: Can Soylu (L11), Yiğit Ergeçen (L11), Poyzan Nur Şahiner (L11), Cem Zorlular (L10),Ege Yalçınbaş (L10), Ömer Şerifoğlu (L10), Volkan Sipahioğlu (L10), and İlteriş Canberk (L10).
The first members of the Berker Fellowship among the RC student body were announced at the flag ceremony on Monday, May 26, 2008. The seven students who received their pins and plaques were: Alp Özçelik (L11), Can Akçevin (L11), Lale Tekişalp (L11), Mehveş Konuk (L11), Ceyda Erten (L11), Ersagun Elaçmaz (L10), Ceren Ateş (L10). Faculty members Jennifer Sertel and Rina Kapuya were announced as the coordinators of the group.
The establishment of the award was celebrated with a lunch at Bizim Tepe on June 4, 2008. Feyyaz Berker and the first members of the Berker Fellowship attended.