ASSISTANT or ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE COUNSELING
Candidates should have:
- B.A / B.S Degree; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in college counseling or related field for Assistant Director or a minimum of 5 years of experience for Associate Director; if coming from counseling, must have already worked with seniors
- Enthusiasm to work with students and their parents; a sincere, caring approach to guiding and advising students
- Strong knowledge of college and university admissions abroad, particularly in North America, the UK, and Europe
- An enthusiasm for self-development and a growth-oriented mind-set
- Initiative taking skills: including strong analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Competency in excellent oral and written English communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict management and adaptation skills
- Strong team-oriented skills but also works well independently, with professional and personal integrity
- An ability to work in office-oriented technology, and a flexible approach to learning about multiple application platforms.
The position mainly involves:
- Assisting the Director in setting the tone, pace, and direction of the College Counseling Office (CCO); assisting in the general management of the office and its activities.
- Working to create a positive student-centered environment and program suitable to Robert College.
- Taking the lead and/or assisting with the organization of college counseling programs and student meetings concerning study in the US, Canada, UK, Europe, etc. as needed.
- Assisting with city-wide college fairs and hosting visits by university admission officers to RC.
- Attending professional meetings in Turkey and abroad to stay abreast of admissions trends and opportunities.
- Serving as an advisor for an assigned group of students and their parents.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A formal letter of interest that includes background information and experience, linking them directly to the role as described in the job description and how it would be delivered
- Contact details for at least three professional references
Applications for the above post are welcome until closing deadline of Friday, March 20, 2020 to email@example.com
OPENINGS for the 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
Robert College is seeking candidates for:
- High School English, 9th-12th grades (Full Time)
- High School French (Full Time)
- Music (Part-Time)
- Art/Photography (Part-Time)
Successful candidates in all areas must:
- Have a B.A. or B.S. in the subject to be taught and a recognized teaching qualification to teach high school in that subject area. Both the degree and teaching qualification are required for approval by the Turkish Ministry of Education.
- Preferably have a minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience.
- Be committed to teaching a variety of learning styles and have an approach which enables students to develop their potential.
- Be ready to play a full and active role in the continual development of high-quality teaching and learning.
- Be committed to caring for student well-being in all its aspects.
- Have the ability and willingness to contribute to the extracurricular life of the school.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues.
- Be innovative in using new technology to enhance learning.
- Be a collaborative planner, able to develop projects and resources across subject disciplines.
- Be interested in developing the 21st-century skills and qualities of every student
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should write to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17, 2020 including an updated CV and contact details for at least three professional references.
*Aligned with international child protection standards, Robert College is committed to the safeguarding of children: its recruitment process includes a rigorous child protection element and detailed background checks.
Updated March 2020