ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHER (Full-time position)
Robert College is seeking an English Language and Literature Teacher for the 2019-20 academic year.
- To meet Turkish Ministry of Education requirements, candidates must have a B.A. in English AND certification to teach English in high school
- At least five years of teaching experience in teaching English as a second language
- Experience in working effectively with diverse, multicultural colleagues
- Ability to collaborate enthusiastically within and across departments
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Having passion for teaching collaborative and student-centered classes
- Knowledge of content and best teaching practices
- Proficiency in use of technology in the learning process
- Competency in differentiated instruction, and foundational familiarity with ELL skills and strategies
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should write to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 29, 2019 including an updated CV and contact details for at least three professional references.
REGISTRAR / ACADEMIC SYSTEM COORDINATOR
Candidates should have:
- B.A / B.S Degree
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish
- Have minimum 5 years of experience in data analysis preferably working in an academic environment
- Have experience in designing academic schedules
- Competency in statistical reporting and analysis
- Exceptional ability with Office Programs (Microsoft Word and Excel) and familiarity with MEB’s e-okul system
- Have competency in effective communication and interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving, organization & planning; strong in team work who also works well independently
The position mainly involves;
- Preparing all academic schedules and programs
- Ensuring the academic data entry are made correctly into the software programs
- Interpreting, analyzing, checking, planning and reporting of all the academic data
- Planning, coordinating, communicating and creating a bridge between RC academic information and MEB’s e-okul system
- Creating statistical and informative reports requested by the administration and academic departments by using database concepts and making projections for past and future academic trends
- Providing information to students/parents on academic requirements/criteria and making seminars when needed
- Supporting IT in planning and implementing student information related enhancement projects
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications may send their CV to email@example.com by August 29, 2019 including the contact details for at least three professional references.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to work in the Turkish Director’s Office
- Provide administrative support to the Turkish Director including but not limited to, calendar management, phone coverage, communications and various correspondences with the official authorities
- Conducting MEB and Ministry of Labor related issues generally including work permit and approval formalities, filing and correspondence
- Handle highly confidential matters and time sensitive documents
- Liaison and develop relationships with faculty, staff, students and parents
- Office management including greeting visitors as the first contact person
- Translation of written documents and making translations, as needed, with Turkish faculty, parents and visitors
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and setup facilities and transcribe meeting minutes
- University degree preferably in Administrative Studies
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferably at multicultural environments
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented, flexible thinker
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with great follow-up skills
- Superior judgment, professionalism, a pleasant warm demeanor and a thoughtful approach to administrative support in a team collaborative environment.
Please send a short letter articulating your interest and qualifications, a CV, and contact information (preferably e-mail addresses) for a minimum of three professional recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 29, 2019.
*Aligned with international child protection standards, Robert College is committed to the safeguarding of children: its recruitment process includes a rigorous child protection element and detailed background checks.
Updated August 2019