DEAN OF FACULTY
Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Dean of Faculty is a key senior leadership position. In essence, the remit of the postholder is to lead on all areas of academic provision, including teaching and learning, faculty, professional development and faculty performance, academic standards, student progress and achievement, and more. The Dean of Faculty is normally expected to live on campus, playing a leading role in all duties etc and the general residential life of the campus.
The holder of this position, apart from the roles and responsibilities mentioned below, will also be responsible for the school’s success through their leadership as part of the Senior Leadership team. For faculty members of the SLT, this work includes but not limited to;
- Establishing and implementing an ambitious vision for the future of the school
- Maintaining positive ethos based on the school’s Statement of Purpose and Core Values
- Working in partnership with the Head of School
- Exemplifying a high standard of teaching
- Ensuring innovative academic, pastoral and enrichment program curricula
- Implementing and maintaining robust evaluation of school performance systems
- Developing self and others
- Being a proactive and effective member of the senior leadership team
- Strengthening community
Some roles and responsibilities unique to the Dean of Faculty role are:
- In conjunction with the Deans of Student Affairs and Student Activities, and the non-academic SLT members, runs the School in the absence of the Head of School, the Turkish Director and the CFO
- Oversees all aspects of curricular and educational programs, including coordination of yearly elective choices, faculty assignments, academic schedule
- Responsible for all aspects of academic achievement, and academic progress at cohort and student levels
- Oversees the Department Heads in all aspects of their work, for example supporting and quality-assuring agendas, minutes and meetings, the quality of lesson plans and schemes of work, and the quality of teaching and learning
- Chairs the regular meetings of the Department Heads Committee
- Oversees the faculty evaluation process, collates and coordinates reports, student teacher evaluation surveys, and prepares files for submission to the Head of School
- Coordinates professional development for the RC Faculty and presents to the Head of School, DHC, and SLT proposals for discussion and approval With the Head of School and Turkish Director, leads on faculty recruiting
- Together with the Turkish Director, oversees student progress and co-chairs the Teacher Commission
- Supports the Dean of Curriculum in their leadership of the Registrar’s Office
- With the Turkish Director, and the Dean of Student Activities, oversees student publications
- With the Head of School and CFO, reviews and approves all budgets for academic departments
- With the Turkish Director, oversees the UP (Turkish University Preparation) Program
- Organizes and presents a range of events, including open days, the program of presentations and tours for potential parents, Back to School Day for Parents, LP Open House for prep parents, etc
- Works with the Dean of Curriculum to lead, monitor and improve assessment and data analysis
Candidates should have:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role in academics.
- Competency in reporting, analysis and assessment
- Familiarity with the Turkish Mınıstry of Education’s (MEB’s) program ıs an advantage but not essential
- Have competency in effective communication and interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving, organization & planning; strong in team work and have distinguishing leadership skills
Interested applicants should submit
- a formal letter of interest that include background information and experience, linking directly to the role as described in the job description and how it would be delivered
- contact details for at least three professional references.
Applications for the above post are welcome until the closing deadline of Friday, February 14, 2020 to email@example.com
POSSIBLE OPENINGS for the 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
Robert College is seeking candidates for:
- High School English (9th-12th grades)
- EAL for Lise Prep (immersion) Year (post-8th grade)
- High School French
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics
- Computer Science
- High School Art/Photography
Successful candidates in all areas must:
- Have a B.A. or B.S. in the subject to be taught and a recognized teaching qualification to teach high school in that subject area. Both the degree and teaching qualification are required for approval by the Turkish Ministry of Education.
- Preferably have a minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience.
- Be committed to teaching a variety of learning styles and have an approach which enables students to develop their potential.
- Be ready to play a full and active role in the continual development of high-quality teaching and learning.
- Be committed to caring for student well-being in all its aspects.
- Have the ability and willingness to contribute to the extracurricular life of the school.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues.
- Be innovative in using new technology to enhance learning.
- Be a collaborative planner, able to develop projects and resources across subject disciplines.
- Be interested in developing the 21st-century skills and qualities of every student
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should write to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2020 including an updated CV and contact details for at least three professional references.
*Aligned with international child protection standards, Robert College is committed to the safeguarding of children: its recruitment process includes a rigorous child protection element and detailed background checks.
Updated December 2019