Academic Openings for the 2022-2023 School Year:
ENGLISH TEACHER (Full-time position)
Robert College English Department is seeking a full-time English Teacher to work with highly motivated students for the 2022-2023 education year. Candidates should be enthusiastic, collegial, knowledgeable, experienced and committed to excellence.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Have at least a B.A. degree in the content area to be taught and a recognized teaching certification from a state educational authority (PGCE suffices for UK applicants). Both the degree and teaching qualification are required for approval by the Turkish Ministry of Education.
- Fully and highly qualified, fluent English-speaking teacher with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Preferably a minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience in a comparable secondary level setting.
- The teaching expectations for strong candidates include a passion for teaching collaborative and student-centered classes, effective use of technology in the learning process, competence in differentiated instruction, and foundational familiarity with ELL skills and strategies.
- Should be motivated to be a part of a collaborative team of English teachers.
- Should be prepared to deliver high-quality instruction, meaningful student assessments, provide constructive student feedback, analyze student data, and use data to improve instruction.
- Has to be able to maintain instructional practices that establish high expectations and creates a safe and effective learning environment.
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should fill-in an application form, and send to our HR Director at email@example.com by June 30, 2022 including an updated CV, a cover letter and contact details for at least three professional references.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a related field
- Programming experience in C# Language
- Programming experience in Microsoft .Net with ASP.NET, MVC and WCF Frameworks
- Experience in at least one Source Control System (GitHub, TFS/Azure DevOps etc.)
- Experience in relational database design and development
- Experience in any Database Query Language (T-SQL etc.)
- Experience in CSS
- General knowledge about OOP
- General knowledge about Microservice Frameworks
- General knowledge about Web API
- General knowledge about Cloud Systems
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills; well organized and structured, detail oriented
- Result oriented and goal driven achievement with strong quality focus
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Able to track and analyze technical documents in English
- Experience in software development at education domain (preferred)
- Fluent in speaking English (preferred)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing software modules in accordance with the analysis work
- Implementing unit tests, developer tests and necessary bug-fix operations on in-house developed applications
- Implementing end-user and acceptance tests on out-sourced applications
- Keeping the project management tool up to date
- Carrying out change management process to deploy into test and production environments.
- Working in coordination with software architects throughout software development phase in accordance with the set standards
- Developing solutions by researching different technologies projects might need
- Applying simple visual design on in-house developed applications
- Preparing necessary project and product documentation
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications may complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2022, including the contact details for at least three professional references.